PJAK - Jeffrey Katz Personal Dating Profile
The Latest News and Views
Too much energy to update all these various places.
I'll just put it all here and point to it.
I've been suckered into dancing in the Bayshore Lyric Opera's upcoming
production of Die Fledermaus. Don't Ask!
A few months ago I'd never have dreamed to narrate this sort of stuff.
My inspiration is from ... well, perhaps I should ask before
publishing that source.
I joined this
Salsa activity group list
from which I get much email.
(It borders on spam! <grin >)
What I learned was that there might be some interest in life narrative.
So, rather than explain what's happening in phone calls or individual
emails I'll just post the latest right here.
Well, the Bayshore Lyric Opera finally has the performance listed
on their web site:
Bayshore Lyric Opera.
Opening night is Saturday, March 9, 2002 at 8:00 P.M. in Capitola.
I still have a flat to rent.
Some prospective tenants offered to "Flash-enable" my
web site. My response was that I'd flash them to Mars.
IMNSHO (In my not so humble opinion.) Flash Sucks. Let me
My site is about content and information. Naturally, I'd like it to be
attractive and appealing; but, I don't assume everyone's got a
screaming 1.2 GHz PC. I don't! Yeah, I know Moore's law: Everything
gets faster by 2X.
- Flash might be appropriate if you're animating Bugs Bunny cartoons.
- It might be appropriate ... Nyahhh! I can't think of anything else.
We opened Saturday evening to a sold out house!
Today was a matinee performance.
I've uploaded a few photoes to my web site for quick reference.
Here is the link to my photos of the Bay Shore Lyric Opera production
of Die Fledermaus:
Whew! I can still walk!
I probably shouldn't have done it, but it was just too much fun.
I went skiing at Lake Tahoe with a good friend. Last time was in 1999.
All the guilt messages said I shouldn't go skiing when I had to dance
the next weekend. But I went, and we had a fabulous time. Great snow.
Wonderful weather. No injuries!
When I rushed out Friday morning I
left my camera. The view of Lake Tahoe from the top of the mountain is
really spectacular. I offered to take another skier's photo with his
camera and asked him to take mine. He did, and sent me the image.
The cropped version is in my photos section.
For those who like the scenery more than my face, the original image is
A year later and some serious skiing. And a dislocated shoulder. Well,
that ends the spring ski season!
A few months of physical therapy and I'm almost as good as new.
(I did say almost!)
Introduction and Overview
OK, So why did I make this page?
I'm just too confused by all the online dating/relationship/activity,
etc., pages. I like to dance, so I'm registered in a bunch of Salsa
sites. I've tried a few dating sites. Now, I'm back in the "market"
and see that my profile is a bit out of date. I'm direct and honest
so any out-of-date information bothers me. But, the time required to
keep everything up-to-date is absurd. So, this page is my "official"
personal status page.
This afternoon (2002/01/20) I tried to put up an advertisememt
on one of the singles sites.
They said I had a limit of 150 words.
Wow, that's a lot of words!
So, I looked at my first profile with Match.Com, did
some editting, and came up with this.
- Live from New York! Relocated from Upper West Side to SOMA.
- Like theater, music, dance of any kind, hiking, biking, swimming.
- Recruited to S.F. from NY in March, 1997.
- I have enormously wide interests and skills.
- I'm looking for a serious LTR.
- I'm currently owned by two Siamese sisters of the feline persuasion.
- I own my own home, car, bicycle, skis, and tools.
- I've traveled quite a bit in Europe.
- I'm not a laid-back, easy, politically correct soul.
- I am direct, honest, smart, thoughtful, sexy and interesting.
- I'm equally comfortable in jeans and sneakers and my tux.
- I like variety in everything.
- I eat and drink almost anything, will go anywhere if it's new.
- I can curl up at home for days with a good book, too.
Ok, what about you?
Let's make this a real diary. Why not? Who cares? I don't know.
Seems like fun!
My Personal Profile
OK, This is a quick collection of words, phrases, one-liners, etc.
which say something about me.
- Live, from New York, SomaCat is ready to boogie!
- Hobbies: Swimming, tinkering, reading, gardening, travel, dancing.
- Description: -- per the Jewish Singles Profile:
- Sense of Humor -- Maybe not yours!
- Interests -- per the Jewish Singles Profile:
- Cat Lover
- Dining Out
- Exercising -- Well, I really can't say I like the treadmill.
- Music -- Except "house music" and rap.
- Outdoor Activities -- Like reading the Sunday paper in Yerba Buena.
- Television -- NYPD Blue, Law&Order, 100 Centre St. Not sitcoms!!
- Tennis -- when my legs don't hurt and I can get a partner.
- Traveling -- I'm getting the itch to go, again...
- Religion: My own personal relationship with nature.
- I like the liturgy of the holidays. It reminds me of my youth.
- I don't care much for orthodoxy of any sort.
- I eat almost anything and will try the other stuff once.
Photographs and Other Graphic Mischief
Help! Anyone know how to fix the eyes in the cats photo?
Links to Other Servers and Web Sites
Test Links Not Ready to Use. Caveat Emptor!!!
The links in this section may or may not point to the correct object.
Don't bother to inform the page owner of broken links in this section.
The links, when ready, will be moved to the appropriate location.